Next generation roofing technology.
Tractile is a strong and lightweight roof that is rated for category 5 cyclones, hailstorms and bushfires. It can also generate electricity and heated water using the innovative integrated Tractile solar tile.
Your Tractile roofing solutions.
Our award winning Tractile roof, designed in Australia for Australian conditions.
Tractile Solar Roof
The high performing Tractile roof tiles with integrated solar tiles to power your household.
Tractile Solar Roof plus Thermal
Take your household energy savings to the next level by unlocking integrating solar heated water with a heat exchanger.
Tractile roof tiles.
Award-winning Australian design
Tractile combines a strong, secure and lightweight roofing material with the added benefit of being able to add integrated solar tiles that can produce solar power and solar heated water for your home.
This means a significantly stronger and longer lasting roof with the aesthetic appeal of removing solar panels and solar hot water systems from your roofline.
Tractile Roof Tile
Tractile Solar Tile
Versatile design options.
Easy to install.
Our popular roofing packages.
With Tractile you can create a fully customisable solution for your home considering your current and future energy needs. While every roof is different, many people opt for one of our base packages, each with their own optional extras and upgrades.
A Tractile premium quality roof designed and built for Australian conditions.
An integrated solar roof generating electricity to power an average 4 person home.
Tractile Solar Plus
Solar energy production with electrical energy storage to power the home or electric vehicles day and night.
* Number of tiles estimated based on optimal solar performance.
Tractile Solar Ultimate
Generate and store both electrical and thermal energy (heated water) to sustainably power and heat a large home, including pools, spas and floor heating.
Get a Tractile roof for your home
To find out more about getting a Tractile roof on your home, including a quote, speak to our team. We are experts in roofing and building integrated solar technology.
Request a quote
Sustainability and Security Guaranteed
Frequently asked questions.
The returns from investing in a Tractile Solar Roof comprise both quantitative and qualitative returns. Quantitative returns are most directly impacted by factors including system size and cost, rebates and incentives, financing terms, and cost of alternate energy. Qualitative returns deliver value, such as: energy independence and being able to live off-grid, safety in extreme weather events, enjoyment of the look and feel of the home, less maintenance, and future resale value. Good design will maximise the financial returns.
As a guide, for a typical house the savings on energy costs alone provide payback periods of 5-7 years for residential properties generating power for domestic consumption (no feedback to grid) and 3-4 years for residential properties generating power for domestic consumption and to charge an electric car.
After the payback period is complete the Tractile Solar Roof provides free energy.
Integrating photovoltaics into the roof tile delivers an improved look of the roof, and also delivers a number of functional benefits:
- Increasing the electricity produced by the photovoltaic modules – the cooling effect reduces thermal resistance.
- Cooling the photovoltaic cells reduces degradation – reducing long-term heat exposure results in longer lasting efficiency.
- Increase overall energy efficiency – Photovoltaic cells are generally 20% efficient, so rather than waste the remaining 80% we use the thermal to harvest more of this energy, increasing efficiency per square metre.
- Energy storage – Heated water is a store of energy and in a typical household around 40% of energy consumption is used to heat water.
- Insulation – Reducing heat load on the house as heat is captured in the skin of the building and piped away so less air conditioning is needed for cooling.
Yes. The Tractile composite material is safe for drinking water collection. We work with Dulux Paints who provide several non-toxic paint systems that are safe for rainwater collection.
Maintenance is kept to a minimum as a Tractile roof is resistant to corrosion from salt spray and air pollution. As with any photovoltaic surface, if you live in dry and dusty areas you may want to rinse the solar tiles occasionally to improve their performance.
Building Integrated Photovoltaic Thermal (BIPV-T) is an emerging and innovative solution to maximise the functionality of your building, to not only protect the home from the elements but also harvest renewable energy.
Other solar roof tiles can suffer from overheating which reduces performance. Tractile solar roof tiles pipe water through the system to increase the electricity output and heat household water in the process. This has the added effect of better insulating the home than other common roofing materials.